Applications are now Closed.
If you have questions email Theng at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spotlight Shorts is a program designed for folks who have some video experience, but want to advance their documentary making skills. In this program you will:
- Learn the Sony FX 3, lights and audio gear
- Learn different crew positions and how to work as a team
- Be mentored by a emerging artists
- Create a short documentary on a pressing community issue (selected by the Spotlight Shorts Team)
- Attend Monday night training and feedback sessions
- Work on 2-4 shoots and be a part of the editing process.
- Receive a $800 stipend.
The program will meet on Mondays from 6-9 starting November 7 through mid March.
Spotlight Shorts is made possible by the voters of Minnesota through a grant from the Minnesota State Arts Board, thanks to a legislative appropriation from the arts and cultural heritage fund and the National Endowment for the Arts.