Basic Camera Class
This class is geared towards SPNN members who would like to use the Sony AX 2000(HD) to produce a program to share with the St.Paul community via SPNN's channels and website. Non members can take this class, but would need to take the intro to SPNN class and become member prior to reserving either of these cameras.
This two night class is desgined to give attendees the basics of how to operate both cameras, in both automatic and manual modes, adjust audio, white balance, gain, and determine what format to utilize. In the second night of the class the focus is on the basics of framing, lighting, and external audio.
Requirements for Certification
You must attend both nights of the class to become certified on the Sony AX 2000 and PD 170 cameras. Upon completetion of the two night class, active membership and having attended the Intro to Community Media course members can reserve the cameras to produce their media to share with the St. Paul community.
Class attendees who desire to use SPNN cameras must have attended an orientation session and be active members of SPNN.
This class meets the 2nd Tuesday and Wednesday of the month.
Time: 6:30 PM-8:30PM
Cost: $40 for members, $50 for non members
Upcoming schedule of classes. Pay online or in-person with a credit or debit card. You will need to register in-person if you are paying by cash, check or money order. No Refunds will be given to cancellations made later than 48 hours prior to the start date of the workshop.
Class/Workshop Payment and Cancellation Policy
- Registration deadlines are five days prior to the class or workshop. Space is assigned on a first-come basis. Registrations must include payment in full to be valid. Registrations are accepted beyond the registration deadlines as long as space is available.
- If minimum enrollment has not been reached by four days prior to a course starting date, SPNN may cancel the class. If so, students will immediately be notified and receive a full refund by mail or charge card credit within 5 business days.
- You may pay via credit card, cash, check, or money order. If mailing in the payment it must be received 5 days prior to the date of the class. Please don't mail cash.
- A 48-hour cancellation notice is required for you to receive a credit, minus a $10 administration fee.
- We reserve the right to cancel any program due to insufficient enrollment or unforeseen circumstances.