SPNN Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
I’m writing today to update you on SPNN’s response to the ongoing spread of Coronavirus. We take our role as a community center, convener, and gathering place for media-makers and artists very seriously. It is the heart of our mission and our reason for being. In unprecedented times, we have to balance that mision with concern for the health and safety of our members, staff, and the broader community. This is a very dynamic situation and the measures I’m outlining below are subject to change as more information becomes available.
- We will honor all existing equipment reservations but we will not be accepting any new reservations until further notice.
- We will be taking extra precautions to clean our equipment before and after checkout.
- We will honor current facility reservations expected to attract fewer than 25 attendees. We will cancel events with more than 25 expected attendees.
- While we will honor existing equipment reservations, our access center will not be open for drop in.
- New Angle Fellows will continue as scheduled.
- St. Paul Public Schools are already closed due to strike, if St. Paul Public Libraries or Minneapolis Public Schools close, or if we have evidence of infection among our staff or any visitors in our space, we will close as well.
- As this is a developing situation, we will continue to evaluate on a daily basis and prepare to alter these plans as necessary.
Here are some event-specific details:
- The March 15 artist talk with Leya Hale is postponed.
- The artist talks with Sergio Rapu and Kang Vang currently scheduled for March 29 and April 12 will continue as scheduled for the time being. If this changes we will update you.
- Scheduled workshops on websites and funding from Springboard for the Arts on March 18 and 24 are canceled.
- The Jerome Hill Artist Fellowship information session on March 16 is cancelled.
Now that you know what we’ll be doing, here are some things that you can do to protect our staff and your fellow members:
- If you’re sick, please stay home.
- Check in with the Minnesota Department of Health here: https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/situation.html
- Twin Cities TPT has assembled a good collection of resources in several languages, including some video SPNN helped produce, here: https://www.tpt.org/coronavirus-an-almanac-special/coronavirus-resources/
- Wash your hands frequently and cover your coughs and sneezes.
We will keep you informed as the situation develops, thank you for your patience!