SPNN is hiring a Social Media and Communications Intern!
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MAY 21, 2018
Social Media & Communications Intern (unpaid)
Saint Paul Neighborhood Network
10-15 hours per week, summer 2018
Saint Paul, MN
Responsibilities and Activities
- Coverage of events that SPNN broadcasts on its channels or livestreams. Tweet, post to Facebook and post to Instagram as SPNN covers local community events, or hosts them at its studio location
- Schedule posts about other SPNN events and activities on SPNN’s HootSuite account
- Aid in the creation of a social media strategy and plan for the organization
- Assist in the development of branded collateral materials that tell the story of our organization and its mission
- Find and manage guest bloggers
- Aid in the development of content for the SPNN Signal, the organization’s monthly e-newsletter
If you are the ideal candidate, you:
- Use social media yourself (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) and are up-to-date on social media best practices, recent changes to platforms, etc.
- Are passionate about storytelling
- Are a self-starter who can learn quickly
- Are proficient with Photoshop or InDesign
- Have some experience or education related to communications, brand strategy, or storytelling
The ideal candidate can stay on task in a dynamic, open-office environment. Strong organizational skills, positive personality, and the ability to work with diverse populations is necessary. We work in a relaxed, fun but professional environment with 15 full-time staff and a number of part-time and contract employees. This position reports to the Director of Development and Communications. This internship requires a minimum 3-month commitment, with hours mutually agreed upon between the intern and the Director of Development & Communications.
Send resume, cover letter, and your personal social media handle(s) to Lisa Dahlberg, Director of Development & Communications.
Email to dahlberg(at)spnn(dot)org or mail to:
550 Vandalia St. #170
Saint Paul, MN 55114